UFA Funds 4-H Saskatchewan
APPLICATIONS FOR 2024 FUNDING NOW OPEN! HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
- 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts within a 50 km radius of a UFA location. Locations include: Corman Park, Kindersley, Lloydminster, Macklin, Swift Current, Weyburn and Yorkton.
- Must have an active 4-H Saskatchewan Club or District Status, in good standing.
- The application must detail how the funds will be used to support your 4-H Saskatchewan Club or District project or initiative.
- Funding is available at the 4-H Saskatchewan Club or District level and is not available for projects that support an individual 4-H Saskatchewan Club member, religious or political initiatives or third-party fundraising.
- Only one application from each 4-H Saskatchewan Club and/or District will be considered.
- Funds are provided on a first come, first served basis. Available funds are capped at $20K.
- Up to $20,000 in funding is available to 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts
- 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts can apply for up to a max of $300 per Club and/or District for the 2024 4-H Saskatchewan season, to be used on a project or initiative with approval at the sole discretion of UFA
- Funds will be provided to Clubs and/or Districts, to be disbursed by 4-H Saskatchewan, no later than March 31, 2024
- Funds must be used by 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs or Districts for projects or initiatives prior to November 1, 2024
- UFA reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the program at its sole discretion
- Please be advised that UFA will share the information in the application with 4-H Saskatchewan for the purposes of fund distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the program launching in the fall?
UFA recognizes that 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts would benefit from knowing sooner in their 4-H Saskatchewan season if their funding request was approved. By opening applications in the fall, Clubs and Districts have time to incorporate the funding into their projects and initiatives.
Which 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs or District can apply?
4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts within a 50 km radius of a UFA location. Locations include: Corman Park, Kindersley, Lloydminster, Macklin, Swift Current, Weyburn and Yorkton.
What does a Club or District have to do to apply?
It's easy! Fill out the application form online. Please ensure that the Club or District leader is submitting the application.
What does a District have to do to apply?
Please have only one leader submit an application on behalf of the District that is applying.
Why is the funding being provided on a first-come, first-served basis?
Available funds are capped at a total of $20K in 2024 for the more than 150 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts that are eligible to apply. This means funding may not be available for all Clubs or Districts. This process gives all Clubs and Districts an equal opportunity to receive funding based on this application process.
What is the review process?
The projects and initiatives that UFA is interested in funding must align with one or more of the 4-H Saskatchewan Club groupings which include:
- Active Living
- Agriculture and Environment
- For the Arts
- In & Around the Home
- Science, Technology & Trade
- Small Animals
- Take the Lead
- District Event
What happens if a Club or District requests more than $300?
UFA has set $300 as the maximum amount each Club or District can apply for, to ensure there are funds available for as many Clubs and Districts across the province as possible. If the number listed on the application form exceeds this amount, the application will still be reviewed, and if approved, the Club or District will receive up to $300 in funding.
What if a Club or District requests less than $300?
Clubs or Districts can request any amount up to a maximum of $300. The specific amount the Club or District would like to request should be listed in the application form. If approved, the Club or District will receive funding in the amount requested, up to a maximum of $300.
Should I request funding if my program is happening in late 2024 or will further funding be available?
Yes, we request that you apply for funds by January 31, 2024. The funding is available for all 4-H Saskatchewan Club or District projects and initiatives happening in this current 4-H Saskatchewan season. However, we do request funds be spent on projects and initiatives prior to November 1, 2024.
Are there any exclusions for funding?
Funding is available at the 4-H Saskatchewan Club level and is not available for projects that support an individual 4-H Saskatchewan Club member-only, religious or political initiatives or third-party fundraising.
Can Clubs or Districts join together to submit a single request?
Funding will be approved on a per Club or District basis. If multiple Clubs or Districts wish to have the funding they must submit separate applications. If multiple Clubs' or Districts' projects are related, please indicate that on the application form.
What is the goal of this program?
UFA is dedicated to the communities we serve, and we believe that by providing direct funding to local 4-H Saskatchewan Clubs and Districts, we can make the biggest impact. Clubs and Districts can focus on the projects they are working on, instead of looking for ways to raise funds to support them.
When do we need to sign the photo release form?
The photo release form is NOT required at time of application, but should your Club or District be approved/awarded the funds, you will be asked to have any Club or District members included in submitted photos, to have their parent/guardian complete the release form.
Photo Release Form
Please note the Photo Release Form is only needed upon approval of 4-H Saskatchewan Club Funding submission.