Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible to efficiently, effectively and accurately receive products into Distribution Centre; place in appropriate storage locations; pick, pack and ship same for outbound orders to all stores and agents. Assist in all Distribution Centre functions as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Lead Hand.
We are hiring full-time, permanent and temporary positions for the below shifts, please indicate your preference on your application:
- Day Shift: Mondays to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Afternoon shift: Sundays to Wednesdays 4:00pm to 2:30am
- Rate: $17 per hour (+$1.10 per hour afternoon shift premium)
- Participate in all aspects of the shipping/receiving/inventory functions, accountable for accurate daily completion of all receiving, shipping, inventory control and administrative requirements; ensure excellent service is provided to all customers.
- Operate all materials handling equipment. Adhere to all UFA safety regulations and loading and unloading procedures to ensure products are safely secured.
- Maintain organization in all aspects of the Distribution Centre.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1 - 2 years of related experience or equivalent may be 3 - 5 years related experience without grade 12 diploma.
- Capable of physical labour. Warehouse/Yard and forklift experience is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Flexible to accommodate shift work.
- Certification in WHIMIS and TDG is considered an asset.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test and a health assessment as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.