UFA is seeking a full-time exceptional Warehouse Manager to join our dynamic team at their Edmonton Distribution Centre, located in Edmonton, Alberta. If you are highly motivated, self-starting professional with a team first mentality, and bring along previous warehouse management experience we want to speak with you!
We are looking for someone to lead the operations at our warehouse, the ideal candidate will be a hands on leader with prior experience managing operations, administration, facility maintenance and most of all our people.
- Oversee programs to include: Health and Safety management programs, internal and external audit performance, overall sanitation of the Distribution Centre and Yard.
- Responsible for operational efficiency in both the warehouse and yard operations
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and, when necessary, adjust processes to meet organizational expectations.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy to ensure warehouse is at operational performance
- Required to manage warehouse and administrative staff, participate in recruitment initiatives, ensure staff is properly trained, and responsible for performance management of direct staff.
- Provide direct leadership to a team of supervisors and administrative staff
- Prepare and maintain documentation for all warehouse processes.
- Collaborate with UFA Transportation and align warehouse resources to meet departure expectation of all outbound loads and arrival expectation of all inbound loads.
- Liaison with Information Technology to ensure warehouse management system capabilities align with the customer service and productivity expectations.
- Liaison with Engineering and Fleet services to ensure the facility and materials handling equipment are always safe and efficient.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in business or supply chain management
- 10 years’ related experience in a warehouse environment
- 5 - 7 years in a supervisory role
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management and Mainframe Systems.
- Computer literacy, preferably in a PC environment.
- Effective people leadership, communication and negotiating skills.
- Excels at taking initiative
- High level of innovative and motivational skills.
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment with tight scheduling timeframes.
- Strong organizational skill, interpersonal and time-management skills.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 1,000 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.