Reporting to the Supervisor, Inventory & Asset Protection, The Inventory and Asset Protection Representative (iRep) is responsible for managing all inventory control related activities at the UFA location(s) from which they operate or support. The iRep ensures all inventory control procedures are executed in accordance with UFA policies/procedures/SOP to provide inventory accuracy and mitigate shrink. The iRep executes root cause variance investigations in accordance with inventory control processes and supporting analytics to determine process non-compliance or learning gaps within their location; partners with Store Manager and team to support corrective actions to change behaviors and ensure process compliance.
- Execute, promote and adhere to inventory management policies/procedures/SOPs at site level to improve and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Oversee/manage all inventory movements onsite; including, but not limited to counts, negative on hand (NOH), goods issue/receipt, return to vendor (RTV), supplemental articles, monitory transfers, purchase orders, scrapping/consumables and offsite inventory.
- Identify inventory variances to root cause using analytical tools in accordance to UFA inventory policies/procedures and to support Store Manager create and implement corrective actions and proper behaviors management processes and collaborate with Store Manager on corrective action plans to mitigate risk.
- Investigate and support follow up actions regarding shipping/transferring discrepancies, partnering with various business units/teams and distribution center.
- Partner with store team to champion the importance of inventory processes, controls and management; identify process non-compliance and training gaps, collaborating with Store Manager to support action plans to promote corrective behaviors.
- Identify potential concerns with stock requirements in partnership with Store Manager and communicate with replenishment team to ensure optimum min/max levels.
- Participate in network analysis of inventory accuracy processes to identify and recommend actions to improve UFA overall inventory accuracy to mitigate shrink.
- Compile weekly inventory movement report analysis to partner with Store Manager for collaborated action plans; participate in scheduled conference calls to share action plans with IMC peers.
- Support preparation of Wall to Wall (W2W) inventory count; support performing site recounts following W2W and collaborate on post site action plans with Store Manager.
- Provide supporting documentation and evidence for incidents such as but not limited to theft, act of nature and property damage that occur within UFA site.
- Support Supervisor in unbiased procedural non-compliance SOP and security audits; perform factual investigations and gather analytical evidence; provide detailed reporting, retention of information and promote changes to mitigate future risk.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of retail experience. Detailed understanding of inventory control systems gained through 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Relevant qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various personalities to achieve buy-in to both the importance of inventory management, along with the ability to identify noncompliance and root cause issues to support in developing corrective action plans.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills; effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, productively, and effectively with initiative and drive while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Good MS Office Excel skills, experience with D365 is an asset.
- Capable of light labor, i.e.: capable of lifting up to 25kg.
- Agriculture or AgriBusiness background, interest, and aptitude are an asset.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.