Reporting to the Director Marketing, we are looking for a Creative, Content lead to inspire a team of designers, content, and social creators. As a hands-on leader, you will drive the creative strategy and execution across all brand and marketing projects for all channels, along with leading and mentoring our in-house creative, copy, social and production team. You have design experience and a proven track record of creating creative content and have led teams in doing the same.
The ideal candidate is passionate, creative and believes the best ideas can come from anywhere and you love to get right in the middle of the action and create, coach and collaborate as part of the team. You know how to inspire by taking the lead. You have strong communication skills, a tenacity for fast-paced environments, and a well-rounded understanding of web site design, online marketing, social media marketing and content writing. You can direct eye-catching campaigns and advertising copy and know a good engaging social post when you see one. You are detail-oriented and can manage multiple projects at once effectively.
- Participate in the evolution of our corporate brand to develop rich and engaging content across all communications channels.
- Lead the creative development of high-impact integrated marketing campaigns, brand messaging, and creative design across digital, social and traditional channels
- Oversee continual A/B testing for digital concepts through either, creative design or content
- Develop the content strategy (incudes voice, tone, key messaged, content types and social media)
- Push the creative envelope, encouraging the team to deliver award winning concepts and try new creative, innovative ways to connect and engage with our customers
- Embrace a connection to current trends in the media landscape, marketing trends, competitors and consumer needs.
- Oversee content updates and creative website changes in collaboration with marketing strategy and digital marketing.
- Grow our online presence through great content, social engagement, and email marketing.
- Monitor & manage scheduling and tracking of creative, content, social and production projects to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Oversee the development of engaging social content, reviewing monthly reporting to ensure growth /health of the channels.
- Well-versed in writing for websites, advertisements, email marketing, brochures, as well as other online and offline marketing content. You will lead the creative vision, design and the voice of UFA working closely with the marketing and communications team
- Understand users and market trends and leverage this understanding to deliver creative solutions that resonate with and are appropriate for different user segments, channels and various devices & environments (mobile app/web, desktop web, TV etc.)
- Interpret and oversee the execution of creative briefs; lead creative brainstorming, develop creative campaigns, guide concept development, and support the creative and copy team to bring the brief to life
- Creation and coordination of compelling and relevant content for UFA marketing campaigns and owned channels. You have a key role in bringing our brand voice to life across our digital and offline marketing channels.
- Manage the creative/production budgets.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, or public relations
- 7+ years’ experience of relevant experience in marketing and/or advertising.
- Min 4 years leadership, managing creative and content development. •
- Experience with creative direction and content marketing (planning/developing).
- Ability to adjust writing/communication style based on audience, social media platform and using different content formats for a variety of audiences (i.e. text, video
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills as well as a high degree of attention to detail.
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator,
- Experience leading teams (5+), guiding & coaching the team on career direction, development, growth and performance
- Hands-on experience in creative disciplines: design, copywriting and a strong foundation in graphic design,
- Understanding of print and digital production requirements
- Proficiency navigating social media platforms; experience with Hootsuite is considered an asset
- Experience with Wrike Project Management is an asset
- Strong understanding of the briefing and creative process, and experience assessing and providing constructive feedback on creative projects, while adhering to Brand Guidelines documentation.
- Fosters an environment that drives innovative and creative thinking.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 1,000 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.