Do you enjoy driving a truck, making deliveries, and speaking with customers? Do you like variety in your work? We may have the right position for you! Reporting to the Agency Manager, the Truck Driver, Bulk Fuel is responsible for making timely, accurate and safe deliveries to UFA’s members and customers. This role has significant impact on customer’s perceptions of UFA, as well as significant accountabilities for environmental and safety policies and service excellence is required. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for serving and assisting customers in the selection and purchase of fuel products to meet their needs.
- Provide customer service within UFA’s customer service guidelines, including heavy lifting on a frequent basis.
- Ensure to comply with all Transportation and OH&S regulations as well as UFA Fleet policies on maintenance, driver logs and inspections. Adhere to UFA Commercial Driver expectations and policies at all times
- Make bulk fuel deliveries to UFA members and customers as required.
- Load bulk fuel onto trucks. Follow UFA’s bulk fuel loading procedures and OH&S safety procedures to ensure fuel products are safely loaded. When loading bulk fuel at a refinery terminal, follow all refinery procedures and policies to ensure fuel products are safely loaded.
- Unload bulk fuel at member and customer yards and tanks. Follow UFA’s bulk fuel unloading procedures and OH&S safety procedures to ensure fuel products are safely unloaded.
- Follow and participate in the UFA EH&S program. Understand and follow all safety and environmental procedures to ensure the safe handling of all bulk fuel products, and the reporting of all incidents related to bulk fuel deliveries.
- Assist with bulk fuel truck maintenance as required.
- Follow at all times the UFA Safe Driving policies and procedures regarding the proper operation and safe handling of the fuel truck.
- Ensure that sales leads are either executed to outstanding customer service standards or are transferred to an outbound sales representative for completion. Ensure accuracy and efficiency with sales and receipts, and in balancing cash as directed. Prepare billings for customers and process payments.
- Responsible for supporting the reporting Manager or Supervisor with all functions related to store/site operations. Will be delegated supervision authority in the absence of the Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist with the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products; complete fuel inventory management activities such as daily fuel reconciliations, fuel variance investigation, weekly physical tank dips, and dispenser meter head comparisons.
- Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts including trouble shooting/problem solving, as directed.
- Perform on other duties if required: i.e.: participate in after hours deliveries as required; maintain cardlock and assist with cleaning and maintenance including snow removal;, assist with weekly and monthly site inspections when required, etc.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of related experience, or equivalent of 3-5 years related experience.
- Clean Class 1(or 3 with Q endorsement) Driver’s abstract.
- Capably of physical labor, including lifting items up to 25kg on a regular basis.
- Cash handling, computer proficiency and previous customer service experience required.
- Capable of working at heights.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in Agribusiness or Petroleum products and supplies.
- Self-motivated with a continuous learning approach about the business of UFA
This is a safety sensitive position as will be on site at UFA facilities and will be using UFA material handling equipment. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 1,000 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.