Rules & Regulations
Colour one of our Farmer's Day 2021 colouring sheets, take a photo of it and email it to FarmersDay@UFA.com or post it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram tag @UFACooperative and include #UFAFarmersDayContest by July 7, 2021. You'll have a chance to win* 1 of 10 $50 UFA gift cards. Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited “Farmer’s Day 2021 Colouring” Contest
Start: June 4, 2021
Closes: July 7, 2021
United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited “Farmer’s Day 2021 Colouring” Contest OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Official Rules”)
Open to all residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Québec) ____________________________________________________________________________
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited “Farmer’s Day 2021 Colouring” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited (“UFA” or the “Sponsor”). The Contest starts at 8:00 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) on June 4, 2021 and closes at 8:00 PM MT on July 7, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must: (1) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Québec); (2) be seventeen (17) years of age or younger and have a parent or legal guardian who represents them who has reached the age of majority at the time of entry in the Province or Territory in which they reside; (3) not be an employee of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies or the independent contest organization; (4) not be at any time of entry, an elected official, employee, petroleum agent or employee of a petroleum agent of/for the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, associates, licensees, dealers, or service agencies; and (5) not be any member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Colouring sheets are available to download from UFA.com/FarmersDay and limited quantities are available at UFA Farm and Ranch Supply Stores and UFA Petroleum Agencies. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest.
1. During the Contest Period, email a photo/scan of your completed colouring sheet to FarmersDay@UFA.com or through social media platforms Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, upload a photo/scan of your completed colouring sheet. Submissions via Facebook will be posted on UFA’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/UFACooperativeLtd/). Submissions via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram must include hashtag #UFAFarmersDayContest and mention UFA’s account (@UFAcooperative). Entries must be received by 8:00 PM MT on July 7, 2021 (the “Contest Closing Date”).
2. During the Contest Period, submit your completed colouring sheet and on a plain piece of paper, hand print your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), your preferred participating UFA location, a valid email address and mail with sufficient postage to: “Farmer’s Day 2021 Colouring” Contest c/o Marketing Communications, United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited, Suite 700, 4838 Richard Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta T3E 6L1. All entries must be received on or before Contest
Closing Date. There are no limits to the number of entries a person may submit, but there is a limit of one (1) mail-in entry per mail piece.
4. PRIZES: There will be ten (10) prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”). Each prize package will consist of:
- One (1) UFA Gift Card, of a retail value of Fifty ($50.00) Canadian Dollars.
The full amount of this prize must be used at the time of purchase in a single transaction. This prize cannot be used to make a payment on your UFA account or any other credit account. No cash refunds will be given.
All other costs not specifically stated herein as being included with the Prize shall be the responsibility of any Prize recipients. The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, is not transferable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize or any component of the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another Prize or component of a Prize of equal or greater value, without liability. In the event that a Prize recipient does not use or accept any portion of the Prize, there will be no extension, transfer, substitution or any kind of compensation provided.
5. PRIZE DRAW: The ten (10) selections will be made for each Prize on July 16, 2021 at approximately 9:00 AM (MT) (the “Draw Date”) in Calgary, Alberta from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Winning entries will be assessed by the Sponsor reviewing all entries received by the Contest Closing Date and judged according to overall fit with the theme of “Thank You Farmers”. All winning entries are selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor from all of the entries. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected Prize recipients will be contacted by mail, telephone or email within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected Prize recipient (a) cannot be reached by mail, telephone or email within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see Rule 6); or (c) fails to return the properly executed release form, as provided by UFA, within the specified time (see Rule 6), then they will be disqualified and another Prize recipient will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by mail, telephone or email with a selected Prize recipient or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Prize recipient.
6.To be declared the winner, the selected Prize recipient must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by mail, telephone or email. The selected Prize recipient’s parent or legal guardian will also be required to sign a declaration and release form, as supplied by UFA, (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Prize or the Contest. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited.
The Sponsor will make the Prize available to the Prize recipient as either detailed by the Sponsor or at the preferred UFA location within thirty (30) days of being declared the Prize recipient. It is the responsibility of the Prize recipient, or recipient’s legal parent or legal guardian, to pick up the Prize within fifteen (15) days of being notified of its availability, failing which the Prize is forfeited. The Prize will not be released unless the Prize recipient first shows proof of eligibility.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, judges and independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final.
The Sponsor and the independent contest organization accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or the Prize associated with this Contest. By entering and accepting the Prize, the Prize recipient’s parent or legal guardian consents to the use of the recipients name, age, address (location, hometown, city and province) and/or photograph, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest and in advertisements for subsequent contests.
The Sponsor and the independent contest organization will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete or destroyed entries; all such entries are void. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility for lost or delayed mail-in entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by the Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. All entries and related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, become the sole property of the Sponsor, without compensation to entrant. Upon entry each entrant irrevocably waives all moral rights protecting the entry. Entries, may, throughout the Contest and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, donated, sold and/or displayed by the Sponsor on their website or in a UFA location, which rights are granted by an entrant to the Sponsor upon entry, all without notice or compensation to entrant. No correspondence will be entered into except with the potential Prize recipient after the Contest Closing Date. This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and municipal laws.
8. TERMINATION OF CONTEST: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
9. PRIVACY: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events and/or opportunities to support the Sponsor's mission. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit https://ufa.com/myUFA/privacyPolicy.