After months of hard work and a true team effort, UFA celebrated the grand re-opening of its Stettler UFA Farm and Ranch Supply store on Thursday, April 27. Stettler is known as the “Heart of Alberta”, and UFA has been at the heart of Stettler, serving the community for over 88 years.
The enhancements at the Farm and Ranch Supply store include the following:
- A new drive-thru, giving customers the convenience of remaining in their vehicles when purchasing yard items.
- Wider shopping aisles and upgraded LED lighting, offering a more comfortable atmosphere.
- A new building supplies area, giving customers the opportunity to visually see products, like doors and windows, right inside the store.
- A new service desk near the entrance, encouraging better engagement and conversation between customers and UFA team members and a new project desk to allow for consultations for homebuilders and homeowners looking to undertake DIY projects.
- A 1,000-square foot expansion of the sales floor, space acquired from the removal of offices.
The grand re-opening event included remarks from UFA Delegate, Guy Neitz; Glenn Bingley, Vice President of AgriBusiness and Supply Chain, UFA; and Mayor Nolls from the Town of Stettler.
UFA is grateful to its vendor partners who also joined the event offering product demos throughout the day. The vendor partners in attendance included Carhartt, Richelieu, DeWalt, Spypoint and Westform.
There were many prize giveaways and a very special grand prize for one lucky winner. UFA believes in paying it forward and the winner of the grand prize contest receives a $5,000 UFA gift card and a $5,000 donation to the charity of their choice. Local radio station 93.3 Country broadcasted live from the event and attendees enjoyed lunch while viewing the new enhancements and celebrating with the community.
“Projects like these are made successful thanks to the dedication and hard work of many people. The Stettler UFA Farm and Ranch Supply store remodel is no exception. We are grateful for all the team members involved in making this dream a reality,” said Glenn Bingley, Vice President of AgriBusiness and Supply Chain at UFA. “We also extend our thanks to the Town of Stettler and to local contractors, True Fence, who have been excellent to work with.”
The Stettler UFA Farm and Ranch Supply store remodel is another great example of how the co-operative re-invests in the communities where its employees and members live and work. UFA also has a robust Community Investment program and accepted food donations for the Stettler Food Bank at the event. We encourage members and customers to visit Stettler and see the newly remodelled UFA Farm and Ranch Supply store, first-hand!